The peeling crystals are applied to the skin via a vacuum suction through a plastic nozzle. It feels like a scraping or gritty sensation. It is not particularly relaxing, but it is a tolerable sensation. Your skin will become slightly pink or red during the treatment depending on how sensitive you are to friction. This reduces considerably within 15-30 mins leaving a glow or flushed appearance.
Appropriate skin care products will be applied to protect your skin and you will be advised on what to do next. The best effects from a Microdemabrasion are seen 24 – 24 hrs pot treatment.
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer.
This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
What Can Expect After Microdermabrasion:
- Improve age spots and black heads.
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
- Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.